- 5/20/2019, Our findings that sedentary behavior is associated with increased risk of early-onset colorectal cancer was highlighted by AGA President Dr. David Lieberman in his talk at the DDW 2019.
- 5/20/2019, Dr. Cao presented on behalf of Xiaobin Zheng on “Comprehensive assessment of diet quality and risk of adenoma” at the Digestive Disease Week (DDW) 2019.
- 5/2/2019, Dr. Cao was invited to give a talk on “Obesity, sedentary behaviors, and early-onset colorectal cancer” at the 5th Annual Early Age Colorectal Cancer Summit (https://www.coloncancerfoundation.org/about/eao-crc/), New York, NY.
- 4/23/2019, Our work on “Trends in sedentary behavior among the US population” was published in the JAMA today! Congratulations, Chao Cao! Thanks to our collaborators!
- 4/23/2019, Dr. Cao was appointed as an Assistant Professor in Medicine (secondary), Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Washington University.
- 4/11/2019, Dr. Cao was invited to give a talk on “Aspirin: the magic bullet for cardiovascular disease and cancer?” at the 25th Annual Cardiovascular Nursing Symposium, St. Paul, MN.
- 3/14/2019, Dr. Cao presented on “Molecular characteristics of early- vs late-onset colorectal cancer” at the 2019 GECCO Investigator Meeting (The Genetics and Epidemiology of Colorectal Cancer Consortium https://www.fredhutch.org/en/labs/phs/projects/cancer-prevention/projects/gecco.html), Seattle, WA.
- 3/8/2019, Dr. Cao was invited to give a talk on “Addressing the rising incidence of early-onset colorectal cancer: an integrated approach” in the GI Research Conference, Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Washington University.
- 3/4/2019, Dr. Cao presented on “Life course antibiotic use and alterations in the gut microbiome” in the Microbiome Epidemiology Working Group (https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/biostatistics/mewg/), Department of Biostatistics, Harvard University.
- 2/20/2019, Dr. Cao was invited to serve on the Editorial Boards of the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (JNCI) and JNCI Cancer Spectrum.
- 1/1/2019, Dr. Cao received Siteman Investment Program (SIP) Award (2019) for her proposal on “Oral microbiome, virome and Barrett’s esophagus”.
- 12/14/2018, Dr. Cao was invited to speak on “Studying human microbiome and health in prospective studies” in the seminar series offered by the Center for Clinical genomics for Microbial System (https://sites.wustl.edu/ccgems/), McDonnell Genome Institute, Washington University.
- 7/1/2018, Dr. Cao received the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Young Investigator Award (2018-2020) for her proposal on “Disparities in young-onset colorectal cancer survival according to patients, treatment, and tumor molecular characteristics”.
- 7/1/2018, Dr. Cao received career development award (K07) from the National Cancer Institute (2018-2022) on her proposal on “Optimizing the impact of aspirin in chemoprevention”.
- 09/25/2017, Dr. Cao was selected as one of the finalists for the Emerging Investigator Award from the International Aspirin Foundation.
- 07/01/2017, Dr. Cao formally joined the Division of Public Health Sciences as an Assistant Professor of Surgery!